Saturday, November 22, 2008

Windows Vista & Stuff


I hear and read so many complaints about Windows Vista. Sure, it has some mildly annoying features but the complaints seem misplaced. OK, the constant second guessing of my choices could irritate some. But it's really rather funny and I always win the argument. (I'm rather contrary: I even like to wear my VVS Wick-Dry socks on the wrong foot!) But I digress.
Misplaced!! God is it misplaced. The real monstrosity is the Office 2007 system, officially the F.U.I. Which, I believe, stands for Flummoxed User Interface. I've been teaching MS Office applications for lots of years and frequently laud some of the greatest features like forward and backward compatability and seamless user transition from one version to another. Nothing short of throwing the baby out with the bathwater comes close to the abortion performed on MS Office! There is permanent scarring on some of my brain cells as a result of the first time I tried to use 2007 Word. I merely wanted to open an existing document and print it. Imagine my surprise, no familiar toolbars. In fact no toolbars of any kind. And what's this? A menu bar that's no longer a menu bar? WTF? OK, OK relax...use Ctrl+O...good, something familiar, an Open dialog box!...damn, never been more thankful in my life to see the Open dialog box...whew...there's my document...carefully click the Open button... ? ? ? ?...I need a what?...what?...I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A FUCKING TRANSLATOR...Is this some kind of a joke?...IS THERE A GOD DAMN COMPUTER AROUND HERE THAT WORKS?
That was the end of my experience with O-bortion 2007 for several months because I uninstalled it and replaced it with Office 2003.


Angry Pc Man(remix) - The most popular videos are a click away


Alternate method:

No comments:

Post a Comment