Thursday, November 27, 2008

Plenty of Blame to Go Around

I've been decrying the public's blasé acceptance of corporate corruption and Wall Street greed for years and expected a popular uprising when the situation reached a critical mass.
I would expect that we are damn close to that critical point now. But that's not what I see happening. What I see is the expectation that the same crowd that created this mess will fix it! Is the generation who understood responsibility so far in our past?
For weeks now I have been trying to find the words to express my anger and frustration. I've failed.

What I did find was a great commentary by Thomas L. Freidman in the New York Times' Op-Ed page. He points out that there were some people, honest and articulate, trying to shed light on the mismanagement on Wall Street. He mentions Michael Lewis and Meredith Whitney and I'm sure there were others.
The Permalink to All Fall Down is on the side bar as well as the link below:

All Fall Down

No comments:

Post a Comment