Friday, October 05, 2007

Summer's Over - Sigh...



I have a love-hate relationship with seasons. I would miss any one of them I'm sure. But damn they end too soon. There were so many things I wanted to do this summer that didn't get done. It's not as if I usually get things done but maybe I getting old and staring to worry that the number of "next years" are shrinking. Sigh...




We lost a few fish early this summer to a predator. At least that's the best guess. They were some of our most fecund females so we didn't have the schools of tiny goldfish this year.




Our first suspect, a stranger!




But certain facts have shed doubt on this suspect. She isn't in the clear yet but I have another, as yet, unseen suspect. A raccoon would be a more likely nighttime hunter and more likely frightened by the bamboo shishi-odoshi, "deer-scarer", that we installed. Nighttime disturbance of rocks and moss stopped after it was installed.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Ӏ got this web sіte from mу buddy whо told me on the toрic of
    this site and at the mοment thіs time I аm browѕing this wеb sіtе anԁ reading very informаtіve articleѕ
    οг reνіews аt this plaсe.


    Alѕο visit my pаge Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete