Monday, January 26, 2015

Love Those Weather Alerts


"It could have been a Steve Martin stand-up."
"Not just one weather alert but two. One from our Blessed Borough and the other from some God-only-knows Higher Authority. Plus, and get this, a Formal Reading of our Blundering Borough's new Snow Ordinance. It was very verbose, but I understood the Ordinance forbid allowing snow to fall on sidewalks; that is if we had sidewalks. In that case, if I got it right, we are to bring it indoors along with our pet chickens."

"You won't believe this. It's another alert. Our Governor just declared a State of Emergency for the entire state. I had to go outside and look. It's the same half-inch of snow that was out there 5 hours ago."

"What passes for Civilization in New Jersey can be very very confusing."

"I was going through a bunch of months old papers destined for the recycling bin."
"Don't give me that look. You know I do, on occasion, throw things out."

"Anyway, there was a December 15th reminder to schedule a follow-up appointment with Dr. Spano. You remember, the cardiologist. I told you she was cute. Ebani worried my EK-whatever didn't look right."

"And anyway it was a false alarm."

"But I looked at that letter. I couldn't stop thinking about all the times I pleaded with you. Nagged you to tears to see a doctor."

"There was so much ... I don't know, drama maybe ... in that one little paragraph."

"So I made an appointment."
"I won't mind if you come along."

"Where's my good-night kiss?"

No comments:

Post a Comment